Are you familiar with the rhythm of an early morning awakening, rushing to work, countless business obligations, returning home excessively tired, late in the evening? On the way you probably had a sandwich and drank too much coffee.
When finishing the day you probably thought: I can hardly wait for annual holidays, a slower daily rhythm and the best foods you can imagine..
Here we can direct you to the foods and dishes – the emblem of the island of Krk. We recommend that you first try olive oil, then take back with you at least a litre of the superb product. The local smoked ham and cheeses are next on your taste list.
The island lamb was once served in the courts of the Roman emperors, do you need a better reference?
Try to learn how to pronounce the word šurlice. This is the way you will show respect to the native dish of this island which had once (not so long ago!) been served only on Sundays, or on important feast days or events.
It ingredients, mythical šurlice are pasta served with goulash and shredded cheese.
The original island sweets are based mostly on fresh cheese or dried figs, and we recommend the fried delicacies, fritule and krostule.
Krk Tourist Board
- 119.- € per person in double room / extra charges 1/1 room 30.- Euro in period 06.-23.04.2015
- Optional: trip to the island Kosljun pp € 8.-
- Prices are valid for a group of minimum 20 persons
The price includes:
- 2 nights with half board in a 4 * hotel Pinia Malinska
- welcome drink
- travel guide (Krk tour)
- wine tasting (3 types) and the brandy and prosciutto tasting in Vrbnik;
- lunch with a small cooking courses - handmade pasta- šurlice with goulash, salad and local traditional cake prisnac
- visit olive in Punat and olive oil tasting
- VAT and taxes